Wednesday, July 28, 2010

~Home Sweet, Spaghetti~

I am now very proud to say I have new curtains, a new giant picture, and new shelves in my living room! Yay for accomplished house projects! My sweet Nathan came to my rescue with drilling through the concrete, he's so strong.. :) Nathan's very proud of himself because he picked out the curtains and I love them too! That is a big accomplishment in our house for him to take the time to help me pick out curtains.. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't at all as excited about the whole process like I was, but we're both thrilled to have finally gotten rid of our PINK vertical blinds that we've had up for 6 months from the last owner. I just love my living room so much more now! Here are some pictures so you can share in the love. ;)


My living room still a complete mess from the project, but notice the PINK blindes!! NOT a good match for our new paint colors! haha

Before...















TADA!! Our new curtains! They're brown with a seperate ivory sheer on the inside. Ah, success!
.....After!!
















Our fabulous new picture, which is huge by the way..
..Close Up..
And last but not least, our new little shelves that are still empty because I haven't figured out what to put on them yet.. I think they look like a face and the couch is the mouth, lol! But once I get some stuff on there I'm hoping they will look more like shelves. ;)
So, in celebration of our more stylish living room, I made Nathan and myself Spaghetti and Meatballs!!


The Sauce:

I just grab a couple jars of my favorite sauces from the grocery store. If I need more sauce I'll add a whole can of diced tomatoes, a small can of tomatoe paste, and italian seasonings (oregano, parsley, basil, and salt). You can use homemade sauce too, whatever you prefer.

For the meatballs:
  • 1-1.5 lbs. of hamburger
  • 1-1.5 cups breadcrumbs (seasoned with parsley, basil, parmesaun cheese & garlic powder)
  • 1 or 2 eggs (enough so it sticks together)

Mix all ingredients together in large bowl and form meatballs as big or small as you want (mine are just smaller than a tennis ball). Then fry, turning them until they are brown on all sides. Add them to your sauce, and cook for 30 to 40 more minutes. This helps to cook the inside of your meatballs and they will absorb the sauce flavors!


Make sure you use a big enough pot for all of your meatballs..

When your meatballs are almost done cooking in the sauce start your noodles. Cook as many as you think you will need according to how much you are making, and cook based on package directions. Put it all together for a good meal! Garlic bread & a salad goes well with this.
Yum! Now this recipe makes ALOT of meatballs, so if its just for 2 people you could either lessen all the ingredients of just have lots of left overs! :) Enjoy!


Here's a sneak peak for next time.. :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment