Monday, August 2, 2010

~Catching Up & Gluten Free Cookies~

As you may have noticed, my blog has a new face! Its sad but true.. My other background was deleted by the site I got it from and until they fix the code, I had to find something different. I miss it already, but I just didn't feel right about having a "naked" blog until I could put the old one back up! :) Well I still haven't gotten the hang of posting on here every day so let me catch you up on last week!

Nathan and I went to dinner at another couple's house from church and had a great time! I was in charge of bringing desserts, which made me happy! So while trying to decide what to make I gave Nathan 3 choices to pick from based on what I had already in the house: cookies, brownies, or cupcakes. So what does he choose? Fruit. My man wants fruit for dessert, which by the way, was not one of the three choices I gave him. :) So, to please him and my sweet tooth I decided to make a fruit salad with cream cheese dip and cookies too! After being ready to jump in to flour and sugar, I ran into another delay when I found out my friend was allergic to gluten.. She was sweet and said she would eat whatever dessert I brought but I didn't like the idea of her not feeling well afterwards. So I decided to step outside my box and find a gluten free recipe! I searched some gluten free blogs and looked for any kind of cookie recipe where I didn't have to go buy a bunch of extra stuff. Success!! Did you know you can make peanut butter cookies without flour!? I had no idea and I was thrilled because, remember, Nathan and I love peanut butter! I like these cookies just as much as my other peanut butter cookie recipe, and maybe even a little bit more because its so much easier! There are only four ingredients!! Once you see the pictures, I'm sure you won't be able to resist them.. ;)

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies:
Adapted from: Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Cream the peanut butter and sugar in a bowl. (Since its so thick, its best to work on your muscles and do it manually)
  • Stir in the baking powder then add the egg.
  • Mix until it is all well combined. Roll some dough into a ball (don't worry its supposed to be sticky!)
  • Roll the ball into white sugar and place on cookie sheet with enough room to grow.
  • Bake in the oven for about ten minutes.
  • Let the cookies cool for at least five minutes before you try to take them off.

Makes 14 to 16 cookies.

















Yum!! They were as tastey as they look!














Until next time.. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your new look! It's awesome!

    The peanut butter cookie recipe sounds awesome! I'll try it out as soon as I can. Just a question though: When you say "Preheat oven to 350", the temperature is in Farhenheit, right? Because I'll need to convert it into Celcius, since I live in South Africa :0)

    Thanks for posting!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Amy 350 is in Farhenheit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Lol! I guess I WAS being a bit blond wasn't I? Haha! Sorry about that!

    Thanks again =)

    ReplyDelete