Tuesday, August 3, 2010

~Food Blogs & Breakfast Stromboli~

Well its official, I'm addicted to food blogs! As you can see by my long blog list, most of them are food blogs. I love food, cooking, and trying new recipes. I've realized that if I just want to find one new breakfast recipe, its not that simple. I find myself going to all the blogs I have listed and seeing what all of them have and then I see a picture of a dessert, or an appetizer that I just have to look at! 15 Minutes later I've forgotten all about breakfast and I'm soaked into all the possibilities! However, I did find one breakfast recipe that stuck with me.

My mother-in-law came to visit us over the weekend, she stayed Friday and Saturday nights with us. I am so blessed by all my inlaws, they are all wonderful and we always have a great time! So, mama Jane got here Friday night and I told her I was going to make breakfast in the morning, a new recipe I found from one of my go-to food blogs. It was wonderful, and don't worry I took lots of pictures!! I actually took so many pictures that Nathan and mom would laugh at me everytime I busted out my camera.. I was getting really excited about it because it was so good! While we're eating breakfast we were talking about what we should call it, and mom named it "Breakfast Stromboli". A perfect fit, so Breakfast Stromboli it is!

The rest of Saturday was fun! We went shopping for our fish taco dinner (a first for me and Nathan), I was on the schedule to sing at church that weekend so I went to praise band practice for 2 hours then church right after. Mom was going to miss church on Sunday morning because she was going to be traveling so we went Saturday night. Then we came home and ate a very late fish taco dinner, which I don't have pictures of. :-/ Sorry! But they were fabulous too. We grilled the fish on our little charcoal grill, which meant that Nathan wanted to grill chicken, burgers, and hotdogs too for the rest of the week. We don't grill out a whole lot but whenever he takes the time to get the grill going he says we might as well prepare a feast to enjoy for a while. And thats fine with me because I love grilled food! :)

Nothing exciting happened on Sunday, I got up early and went to sing for those 2 services while Nathan slept in and said farewell to mom. Then Monday night (yesterday) me and Nate did a spring cleaning, in the summer, at 9:30 at night. :) And we recently got the movie "Corpse Bride" so we started watching that too but ended up stopping around 11pm because we got too tired to finish. haha I'll let you know tomorrow how the movie is, but so far we like it! But for now, back to my Breakfast Stromboli!

Breakfast Stromboli
Adapted from:
Our Best Bites
  • 1 roll Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations (Which would have been great, but I couldn't find it so I used the Big Crescent Rolls instead and just mashed the seams together haha..)
  • Scrambled Eggs (I did 2 eggs per person & added a little milk, salt, & pepper to them)
  • 1/3 pound of your favorite sausage (Bacon would be awesome too, I'll try that next!)
  • Grated cheese (I used pepperjack, but you can put whatever kind you like in there)
  • Half a green bell pepper and 1 small onion
*The great thing about this recipe is that you can put anything you want in there! You can substitute or replace the ingredients for anything.. Be adventurous! :)

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Farenheit

Cook your sausage first & drain as much grease as possible.


While thats cooking, go ahead and chop up your veggies.


Then scramble your eggs. *I put the veggies in there too just to soften them up a little bit*
While the eggs are cooking roll out your dough. *I covered the pan in foil for easier cleanup*

When everything is done cooking put it in the middle of the dough. *Be careful not to overload it so it doesn't close all the way (which I did)* Oopsie..

Carefully begin pulling the sides to the middle, starting with the ends.

Since I overloaded mine, its not too pretty, lol but just make sure its all closed up.

Cook for about 10-15 minutes until slightly brown. *I had some extra crescents and egg filling so I made a couple mini strombolis* :)

When its cool enough, serve it up and enjoy!! Yum Yum!!

Happy cooking!! :)

1 comment:

  1. They were yummy. it is almost like tasting them again when i look at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete