Monday, August 2, 2010

~Spiders, Beware!~

Now, I don't know if any of you feel as strongly as I do about hating spiders.. But they are not welcome in my house! EVER! Since Nathan is at work, you all are automatically my "go to" for sharing my traumatizing spider experience of the day.

So here I am, minding my own business in my house today.. Doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen.. You know, the usual! So I walk into my living room, and I barely escape a spider on my face that was hanging down from the skylight! Luckily, my cat-like reflexes saved the day and I bolted into the kitchen to grab a paper towel (my loyal spider killing companion). When I reached for the paper towel I invisioned the spider dropping down from his single strand of web onto the paper towel and crawling onto my hand or worse, dropping on my face! The paper towel was no longer an option, I had to think fast! I decided 2 books would be the best thing, that way I could stand far enough away from the spider and squish it. So I get back into the living room and that darn spider is still just hanging out in my living room like he owns the place. The unsuspecting spider had no idea his life was about to end. I held the books on each side of him, waiting for my courage to build enough to kill it. Then, he dropped on the floor before I could smash him!! I didn't waste any time, and before I knew it I had wacked the spider enough times to kill him. I win!

Once he was dead my adrenaline left me and I was no longer feeling very brave.. I had to walk away from the scene of the crime to try and regain my composure before I had to pick it up and flush him. But it was too late, I was traumatized. As I walked through the house, the lint on the floor became a spider crawling toward my foot, the chain hanging from the fan was a spider preparing to jump on my head, and my ponytail tickling my neck felt like a spider crawling on me! Pretzel M&M's came to my rescue as my comfort food and I felt better. As for the spider on my floor, he will stay there until Nathan comes home! :) For now, I covered him up with a paper towel so I can't see him. Problem solved!

Thats all for now, thanks for reading! :)


3 comments:

  1. Too bad Nathan wasn't there, he could have chucked a flyswatter at it from across the freakin house and killed it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what happened to your design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! You've got a great sense of humour! =)

    But seriously, I, too, have a phobia of spiders...my loving dad often comes to my rescue, but almost always walked past me with the victim on his arm, or squished in a papertowel...I've therefore learned my lesson and have hid in the bathroom with the door locked, windows shut, until I'm sure he's gotten rid of it!!! =)

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete