Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Where Did The Month Go!?

Holy Moly, this month as flown by! 3 Weeks since I last blogged and plenty has happened. Ive been to Denver, Colorado and back, our friend Travis came into town for a week, I'll get to sing at church twice this month, and I got a job! YAY! Fun times, but now its back to the real world and I have to see if I can squeeze into the last class I need for school because I registered too late.. :) My plan is to wait until after classes start, and hope that someone decides they really dont want to be in that class after all and they drop it. Then I'll sneak in and take their spot! If all goes well, it will work perfectly and I'll get in during the 3 day time slot I have before they end registration! :)

Colorado was fun! Nathan got to meet my mom's side of the family. Most of them were unable to come to the wedding for various reasons. They all loved him, and why shouldn't they!!? :) We went to this really cool natural rock formation called Red Rock, the rocks make natural accoustics and they hold concerts there! It was awesome! The only thing that was not so cool was the fact that Nathan and I are used to the air at sea level, so trying to hike up a mountain in the mile high city was exhausting! lol I was more pathetic than he was, or maybe he just wouldn't admit it to me. Either way it was really pretty!




So I'm a working girl again! I work part time at a Podiatry office and I really love working there so far! For those of you who don't know, a Podiatrist is a foot doctor, but don't worry, I work in the office. :) Other people's feet are not my favorite. lol But everyone I work with are really great and they've been really helpful and patient with me while I learn everything. The best part though is that I get to wear tennis shoes and scrubs every day! I dont know if you have ever worn scrubs, but they are so comfortable! Its great, like I get to work in my pj's everyday! :) Here I am on red day!


While Travis was here, I was cooking up a storm! We had Chicken Broccoli Quiche, marinated Grilled Chicken and Pork Tenderloin with green bean casserole and corn on the cob, I made breakfast stromboli for like 8 of my friends, then we had a mexican night with 11 friends. Not to mention there were cookies, ice cream, brownies and milkshakes! I probably gained 10 pounds over the weekend alone.. Time to start my running routine again! Unfortunately I was too scatter brained to take pictures of everything! :( Next time I'll do better! But for now, I'm taking a break from cooking and we're having Kraft Maccoroni & Cheese tonight! :) Its a favorite of mine and Nathan's. haha

I'll try to be better about blogging now that my life has somewhat calmed down for a while.

Enjoy your last week of August!

No comments:

Post a Comment